Nominations are now open for the Children's Climate Prize 2021 to support young people's actions for the environment and the climate.
The Children's Climate Prize is an international prize awarded annually to young people taking actions to bring sustainable solutions to our planet. The prize celebrates and sheds light on young innovators, entrepreneurs, changemakers and conservators in order to spread hope and inspire others. The Children's Climate Foundation awards the prize annually, works for a long-term perspective and makes it possible for others to partner in the initiative. The winners of the Children's Climate Prize are celebrated at a gala event in Stockholm, Sweden.
The purpose of the Children's Climate Foundation is to promote children's contributions to environmental and climate work in Sweden and internationally.
- The Prize is awarded to a young person between the ages of 12-17 who has taken actions to bring sustainable solutions for their planet.
- The Prize can be awarded to an individual, group or organization.
- The foundation is politically and religiously neutral. Every year, the Children's Climate Foundation awards 1,00,000 SEK to the winner. The foundation has a long-term perspective and makes it possible for others to partner in the initiative.
Who can nominate?
Family, friends, teachers or others related parties can nominate. You can also nominate yourself.
They accept nominations from all over the world. You are welcome to nominate if you or anyone you know have done any of the following:
- A project / initiative
- An invention or machine / gadget
- A person / organization that works actively with climate issues, the environment, nature or animals in any way
- It may be a new, ongoing or completed project / initiative with a clear environmental and climate focus.
For more information, visit Children's Climate Prize.