The Company intends to make a positive difference to society and contribute its share towards the social cause of betterment of society and area in which companies operates. The Company also believes in the trusteeship concept. This entails transcending business interests and working towards making a meaningful difference to the society.
In this regard, the Company has made this policy which encompasses the Company’s philosophy for delineating its responsibility as a Corporate Citizen and lays down the guidelines and mechanism for undertaking socially useful programmes for welfare & sustainable
philosophy for delineating its responsibility as a Corporate Citizen and lays down the guidelines and mechanism for undertaking socially useful programmes for welfare & sustainable development of the community at large and titles as the “Corporate Social Responsibility (corporate social res CSR)Policy” which is based as per the Companies Act, 2013 and rules made there under.
Corporate Social Responsibility Activities
The Company shall upon the recommendation of its CSR Committee and with necessary approval of the Board, undertake any one or more of the following activities, as part of its corporate social responsibility initiative, which are defined in Schedule VII of the Companies
approval of the Board, undertake any one or more of the following activities, as part of its corporate social responsibility initiative, which are defined in Schedule VII of the Companies Act2013;
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition;
- Promoting and improving health care including preventive, maternal health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
- Promoting education, including special education;
- Providing employment, enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects;
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior
- citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically
- backward groups;
- Combating human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, malaria and other diseases;
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
- Reducing child mortality;
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of heritage buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries;
- Promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts:
- Some business projects.
- Promote and development of sports and sporting activities including for the physically challenged or differently abled.
Contribution to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government;
- Rural development projects.
Provided that, the CSR projects and programs or activities that benefit only the employees of the Company and their relatives shall not be considered as CSR activities.
Phone: +91-80-6774 8000
Corporate & Registered Office, Block N1, 12th Floor, Manyata Embassy, Business Park, Rachenahalli, Outer Ring Road, 560045, Bangalore