HCL Foundation (HCLF) was established in 2011 as the CSR arm of HCL Technologies. It is a value driven not for-profit-organization, that thrives to contribute towards national and international development goals, bringing about lasting positive impact in the lives of people, through long term sustainable programs. The foundation aims to alleviate poverty and achieve inclusive growth and development. Active community engagement ensures optimal long-term gains and upward accountability. HCL Foundation works through Life Cycle Based, Integrated Community Development Approach with thematic focus on Education, Health, Livelihoods & Skilling, Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction & Response. Child protective strategies, inclusion and gender transformative approaches remain central in all initiatives of HCL Foundation, thus ensuring comprehensive development. Our integrated approach places the communities at the very center of our efforts. We believe in the power of collective action and work closely with communities, both in urban and rural geographies. Recognizing them as active citizens who script their destiny, we see them as partners in change rather than passive beneficiaries.
HCL Foundation’s core values are Credibility, Transparency, Accountability, Outreach to the Unreached, Sustainability & Scalability.
The objective of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy (“Policy”) of HCL Technologies Limited (“HCLT” or “Company”) is to lay down guidelines for proper execution of CSR activities of the Company so as to support the sustainable development of the society.
CSR Activities, Projects and Programmes
- The CSR activities, projects and programmes that will be undertaken by the Company shall be those as may be approved by the committee that will be constituted / reconstituted by the Board of Directors of the Company in this regard (CSR Committee). The CSR Committee will approve the undertaking of such activities, projects and programs as are covered under the following areas set out in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting healthcare including preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
- Promoting education including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects;
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans, setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups;
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art, setting up public libraries, promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympics’ sports and Olympic sports; and
- Rural development projects.
- The Committee, at its discretion, approve a contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio- economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women.
- The Committee, at its discretion, may approve a contribution to technology incubators located within the academic institutions approved by the Central Government.
- While approving the CSR activities, the Committee shall give preference to the local area where the Company operates, for spending the amounts earmarked for CSR activities.
Art & Culture,Community Development,Drinking water,Education & Literacy,Education and Education Technology,Employment and labor,Enviroment,Enviroment and forest,Health & family Welfare,Health Care,Health Care and Health tech,Sanitation,water,water Resources
HCL Technologies Ltd. Technology Hub, SEZ Plot No. 3A, Sector 126 Noida –201304, India