At Infosys, the distribution of wealth is as important as its legal and ethical creation. A strong sense of social responsibility is therefore an integral part of their value system. Infosys is committed to contributing to the society and established the Infosys Foundation in 1996 as a not-for-profit trust to support their social initiatives. The Foundation supports programs and organizations devoted to the cause of the destitute, the rural poor, the mentally challenged, and the economically disadvantaged sections of the society. The Foundation also helps preserve certain cultural forms and dying arts of India.
Infosys is committed to the communities in which it operates. This has led to the creation of Infosys Foundation to support the underprivileged sections of society. A not-for-profit initiative aimed at fulfilling the social responsibility of Infosys Ltd., the Infosys Foundation creates opportunities and strives towards a more equitable society.
The Infosys Foundation takes pride in working with all sections of society, selecting projects with infinite care, and working in areas that traditionally overlooked by society at large.
- Healthcare: Access to primary healthcare, awareness of basic hygiene, and treatment of underprivileged patients beg attention. The Infosys Foundation advances healthcare by augmenting existing healthcare infrastructure
- Education: Education offers the youth a foundation to achieve their potential. However, millions of children drop out of schools for financial reasons. The Infosys Foundation promotes primary education among underprivileged children through global partnerships.
- Arts and Culture: Ancient art forms can be preserved and passed down from generation to generation by showcasing the skills of artists. The Infosys Foundation promotes traditional art, dance and craft. The Foundation identifies underprivileged artists who don't have access to contacts or help. The Foundation assists them on a need basis by offering financial assistance, promoting their art, or helping them receive the much- deserved recognition.
- Destitute Care: Support and vocational training help the destitute to live with dignity and earn a livelihood. The Infosys Foundation partners with non-government organizations (NGOs) to support destitute children and women. The Foundation supports programs of NGOs in rural areas across India.
- Rural Development: The well-being of people living in rural areas ensures sustainable development. The Infosys Foundation works with local administration to achieve community development goals. The Foundation has donated more than INR 40 crore for rural development and livelihood projects such as awareness campaigns on hygiene, sanitation, vocational training and entrepreneurship.
Art & Culture,Community Development,Education,Education & Literacy,Education and Education Technology,Health & family Welfare,Health Care,Health Care and Health tech,Sanitation,Vocational training
Infosys Foundation, Neralu, #1/2 (1878), 11th Main, 39th Cross, 4th T Block,Jayanagar, Bangalore 560011, Karnataka, India