The Sitaram Jindal Foundation (SJF), formerly known as S J Jindal Trust, established in 1969 is a charitable organization and one of the most sought after international NGOs in Bangalore with the humanitarian objective of serving the poor and downtrodden in various fields. True to the inspiring ideals and values of its Chief Architect & Founder, Dr. Sitaram Jindal, the Foundation has been promoting and providing basic needs of the people across various sections of the society in different fields including education, healthcare and rural development without discrimination of caste and creed and religion.
The foundation is one of the top NGOs in Bangalore and has setup several schools, colleges, hospitals and constructed many pathshalas (rural schools) apart from initiating and running many welfare schemes and vocational courses for the benefit of the poor and deprived. Besides awarding scholarships to more than 12000 students each year, the Foundation has been extending financial support to more than 500 charitable institutions annually to sustain their activities for over 46 years now.
The Foundation is an independent entity and is primarily a charity or NGO in Bangalore and has no political, religious or commercial affiliation. It serves humanity irrespective of caste, creed, colour or religion. It does not take any financial help from government or other agencies.
The Foundation and its associate trusts/societies carry on the following charitable activities in their capacity as NGOs in Bangalore:
- Jindal Naturecure Institute (formerly INYS), Bangalore
- Jindal Public School, Bangalore
- Jindal Pre-University College, Bangalore
- Jindal Degree College for Women, Bangalore
- Jindal Prize ( 5 prizes of Rs One Crore Each awarded anually) in various categories towards social upliftment.
- S.R.Jindal Prize for Crusade against Corruption and Rural Development and Poverty Alleviation
(Prizes worth Rs. 2.25 crore awarded annually)
- P.G College for Naturopathy and Yoga, Bangalore
- Mahila Arts and Crafts Charitable Institute, Bangalore
- Built Six Institutions including Schools, ITI's & hospitals at Village Nalwa, Haryana
- Sawan Public School (residential), New Delhi
- Jindal Rural Charitable Hospital (formerly Manav Charitable Hospital), Bangalore
- Jindal Charitable Hospital, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore
- Mobile Dispensaries (5 nos.) for rural areas, Bangalore
- Manav Sewa Charitable Polyclinic, Delhi
- Adoption and completion of 100 villages in Karnataka
- Donations given to about 500 charitable organizations round the year
- Scholarships to more than 12000 students around the year.
- Books donated under Book Bank Scheme to numerous Colleges
- Gold Medals at Universities and Colleges
- Sushruta Trauma Centre, Delhi. The Foundation donated this huge hospital at Civil Lines, Delhi to the Govt. of NCR Delhi
- Health Education Centre, Bangalore
The Foundation has been discharging its social responsibilities by providing funds and facilities to other organizations such as NGOs for women upliftment in Bangalore and NGOs for education, thereby promoting philanthropy. While spending money on charitable activity, it is ensured that the charity is not misplaced or wasted, proper verification and cross checks are made before and after giving scholarships, donations etc. to ensure that financial assistance given is properly utilized.
Community Development,Education,Education & Literacy,Health & family Welfare,Health Care,Health Care and Health tech,Rural Development and Allevation,Women and Gender,women's Development & Employment
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Sitaram Jindal Foundation "NATURELLE" No.11, Green Avenue, Behind Sector D III, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110 070