The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is pleased to launch the Global Call for Innovative Solutions in Cleantech and Sustainable Land Management with an aim to identify readily deployable and scalable solutions to address the adverse effects of climate change and ultimately contribute to inclusive and sustainable economic development.
- Decarbonizing growing urban environments
- Clean and efficient energy generation and storage
- Circular production and industrial processes
- Sustainable land management
- There will be a maximum of 12 rewards, in line with the four categories and three subcategories of the competition. Should an insufficient number of quality entries be received, UNIDO reserves the right to reduce the number of subcategories/awards to one award per category, for one or several categories.
- Among the proposed rewards, the participation in trade shows and international events are subject to confirmation with the organizers of these events.
- The prizes offered are not exchangeable for cash and are not transferable.
- The competition is open to private sector entities, namely micro, small, medium, and large companies & startups.
- Close relatives of employees of UNIDO and partner organizations, who are involved in the organization of the Global Call, are excluded from participation.
- To enter the competition, participants must fill in the online entry form. No postalsubmissions or e-mail will be accepted (only for those countries where the online submission site is blocked, a submission by e-mail to the relevant UNIDO Field Office/Investment and Technology Promotion Office (ITPO) may be accepted on an exceptional basis).
- A maximum of two entries may be submitted by any one participant.
- In case of early-stage proposals, the applicant should submit a clear timeline of activities up to finalization of the proposal, and effectively be available and achievable within a time frame.
- Each individual submission should clearly state the focus area by selecting the most applicable category in the application form.
- The description of the intervention should not be written in a promotional tone, but use neutral, factual language.
- UNIDO reserves the right to extend the duration and closing date of the competition or to cancel the competition if an insufficient number of quality entries are received.
- Only submissions in English will be accepted.
- No responsibility can be taken by the organizers for entries that are incorrectly submitted.
- UNIDO reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not pass the internal due diligence process.