Closing DateJul 31 2021
Designation: Assistant Manager-Admin and Procurement
Reports to: Sr. Manager/General Manager - Finance
Works with: All Department
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI's core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in over 60 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.
Be Part of Something Powerful and Different
We’re Population Services International (better known as “PSI”), a global health non-profit. We aim to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy and plan their families by marketing affordable health products and services (think mosquito nets, condoms, HIV testing and more). We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 60 countries. Most of our brands have dominant market shares that are the backbone for their health category. Check out www.psi.org for more on what gets us out of bed in the morning.
A bit about PSI India Pvt Ltd (India)
PSI India Pvt Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of PSI, Registered as for profit Limited Liability Company in 2015 with its Head Quarter based at New Delhi. We have a portfolio of products that support prevention and treatment. To ensure we continue to deliver on our commitments to the consumers, who rely on us, we are focused on improving the way we do business; and collaborate with network of influencers who are involved in health care decisions.
At PSI India Pvt Ltd, you will have the opportunity to work for and with some of the most talented professionals in the field of health care. You will work for a values driven organization that earns respect from society by being with the community we live in and work for. By making ourselves relevant for the health care needs of Consumers/patients we wish to surge ahead and create a sustainable health impact on the community we work for. You will work in a culture that encourages risk-taking and commit to perform. We wish to offer each colleague the support and resources necessary to build a successful, meaningful career at PSI India Pvt Ltd.
Asst Manager is responsible for overall administration and procurement for PSI IPL. Procurement of varied products amongst OTC and Pharmaceutical category and is also be responsible for buying media and promotional material for PSI IPL. The primary objective of this position is to make effective and quality procurement with minimal cost. Develop effective Admin and procurement processes and ensure adherence. To develop and strengthening vendor base to maintain quality and effective delivery of material.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Develops strategic business plan for the procurement function in line with overall company plans.
• Driving the commercial negotiation for all the procurement for PSIIPL.
• Handling all the procurement- commodity, non-commodity, service, IT, marketing, etc
• Maintaining the vendor database for the company and expanding the same by developing/onboarding new vendors
• Ensures the quality, accuracy and completeness of procurement deliverables.
• Tracking and maintaining the cost saving through procurement initiatives.
• Helps in developing departmental policies and technical standards and procedures governing the procurement function.
• Provides adequate training, technical and administrative guidance, and instruction to other procurement personnel within the department.
• To ensure that all assigned procurements are completed as per the assigned timelines.
• Conduct agreement-based procurement in strict compliance with PSI policies and processes. Ensure that the purchase orders are created correctly, relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentations are attached
• Advice to the internal customers on procurement related matters and guidance on compliance with procurement policies and processes to ensure client needs are met and PSI IPL gets best value for money.
• Facilitate Procurement Committee meetings, drafting the Procurement Committee minutes and getting them approved by the committee members and Cost Centre Head (if required).
• Ensure the integrity of the competitive procurement process, facilitate fair debriefing to bidders and exercise appropriate judgment/ facts during vendor interaction without disclosing any confidential piece of information.
• Physical verification and quality assessment of new vendors identified and facilitating the empanelment of suitable vendors.
• Physical verification and quality assessment of existing vendors on a periodic basis. • Ensure accuracy of vendor invoice and processing of payment with supporting documentation and approvals.
• Maintain the departmental e-file system, agreement tracker, payment tracker and timely reminders to users on renewal/ fresh agreements.
• Any Other tasks assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Administration and IT :
• Ensuring maintenance of Office premises, regular AMC of equipments, cleanliness of office, office equipments are functional and timely repair and maintenance is done
• Supervision of housekeeping on daily basis.
• Ensuring adequate security to the office premises and employees.
• Ensuring that the working conditions of workstations, conference rooms, and washes rooms and responding to the staff request related to the same
• Provide logistics support during the time of any workshop/training /meeting /conference with the help of office assistant.
• Ensure the processing of bills as per the organization guide lines and within the timelines.
• Ensuring the proper maintenance of inventory of office equipment, stationaries and other items
• Supervising the bid openings and writing minutes
• Ensure that the relevant policies and guidelines are up to date and shared with the relevant staff.
• Ensuring that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and matching
• Receipts to purchase orders along with the all the relevant documents before sending it to finance for payment.
• Ensuring all the Admin related contract are renewed timely- Stationery, Taxi, travel agent, courier service, HO rent, pantry, HO asset insurance
• Managing travel desk for corporate office and field sales employees as per company's travel policy
• Ensuring tie up with a network of hotels/event management agencies at optimized cost and convenience
• Ensuring HO asset register is maintained and updated in timely manner.
• Assist in the budgeting and planning of the year, preparing cost analysis and reports.
• Maintaining good coordination with other departments to ensure a smooth work
• Assist in gathering information for reports on the status participate in any other activities, which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
• Ensuring archival of IT related contracts and renewal of contracts and domains as and when required.
• Ensuring IT hardware/software/ backend are in place and updated (including procurement requirements) as per business requirement from time to time
• Ensuring IT asset register is maintained and updated in timely manner.
• Any other job assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience :
• Graduate with 3 years of experience OR Post-Graduate or equivalent Preferably an MBA with 2 years of experience
• Specialized qualification in in procurement or supply chain will be added advantage
• Preferably from Pharma/FMCG Industry
Required Abilities :
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong leadership and People skill
• Sound Analytical Skill
• Good Business and Commercial Acumen
• Drive for Results
1. Results Focused: Move focus from analysis to action; show persistence to overcome obstacles; take immediate action to solve problems; ensure follow through. Takes immediate action to resolve problems
2. Customer Service Orientation: See PSI from the client point of view; keep client needs paramount when making decisions and taking action; think beyond current client base; understand the forces that impact PSI, those we serve and those we could serve in the future. Works closely with the people PSI serves to find out what they value the most
3. Product & Service Knowledge: Ensure that all basket of products feature along with the Benefits in top of mind to address the relevant health needs. Consulting with clients on appropriate products for specific purposes, providing advice on risk assessment and priority setting.
4. Plan & Organize: Develop clear action plans that address the details needed to achieve objectives; define resources and actions to achieve objectives within constraints; establish priorities.
5. Develop Others: give people challenging assignments to develop their capabilities; provide timely coaching, instruction and feedback, create an environment where failure is seen as an opportunity to learn; Coaches others and helps them develop their knowledge and skills; Give people authority to make decisions
PSI India Pvt Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability .
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org