Chief Executive Officer
Location: Bhubaneswar Odisha
Apply by: June 30 2021
Living Farms partners with Adivasi communities in Odisha to address their food insecurity and under nutrition through transforming agriculture, natural resource management practices, community empowerment and contributing to improve the effectiveness of the front line functionaries of the government. The organization collaborates with academic institutions and independent scientists on relevant research projects.
THE CEO ROLE – LIVING FARMS
The CEO is the custodian of organisational values, vision and mission. The CEO is responsible for collaborating and working closely with the Board of Directors to shape Living Farm’s strategic programme objectives, ensuring the execution of those objectives, and leading the attainment and development of the necessary human and financial resources to sustain the needed activities. The CEO is to provide leadership, direction, and coordination of organisational programmes while ensuring cross collaboration and partnership with a range of players including the government.
The CEO will report to the Board of Directors. The CEO will be required to work in close interaction with the Advisors and Mentors’ Group, especially for drawing upon institutional memory for formulating strategic perspective of the organisation.
The CEO is expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary. Additionally, the CEO is expected to handle any emergencies that involve Living Farm staff members. The CEO will be based at Bhubaneswar, Odisha, with frequent and regular travel both within and outside of Odisha. The CEO will also be expected to make field visits to the project area when expected project activities are happening for 7 to 10 days a month to ensure that indicators written into proposals are actually being met.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Vision and Mission:
• To co-hold the vision, sustain the direction and facilitate the organisation towards fulfilling its stated purpose.
• To ensure the vision, mission and values of Living Farms is communicated, understood and upheld in letter and spirit by team members and partners.
2. Organizational Performance and Delivery:
• Oversee and collaborate with programme team on programme priorities and deliverables, objectives and accomplishments in line with Living Farm’s strategic plan and priorities
• Provide effective programme management. Manage human and financial resources to effectively reach programme and project objectives.
• Ensure that organizational deliverable benchmarks are satisfied in a timely manner and that project expenses are within budget.
• Build and maintain a high-functioning, diverse, inclusive, and collaborative programme team.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate culture built on Living Farm’s core values, leading by example in the demonstration of the core values and conforming to high ethical standards.
• Foster and maintain a learning environment by supporting cross programme, cross geographical and technical learning opportunities throughout the organization.
4. Governance and Compliance:
• Oversee financial and operational performance reports, ensuring the field offices are efficient, effective, and meet the overall objectives of the organization in finance, administration and HR practices.
• Work closely with programme/project leads including Communications, Fundraising, Programmes and Finance to communicate programme and project status, outcomes, successes, challenges, timelines and direction.
• In collaboration with the Board members, ensure proper maintenance and timely compliances of statutory requirements of the organisation
• Keep the Board fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it, including status of the projects.
• To ensure that the projects and the mission has the requisite resources available.
• To partner with the funding agencies and donors whilst upholding the highest ethical standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The CEO of Living Farms must have a deep respect for the Adivasi community and be able to work in partnership with them to respond to challenges faced and support them in preserving their customary practices and knowledge of native biodiversity.
The ability to engage meaningfully with key stakeholders and partners will be essential.
• Proven skills and commitment of working with Adivasi communities with a deep sense of demonstrable respect
• A deep commitment to the mission of a better, safer future for the poor and underprivileged people of India
• Strong leadership and team building skills with the ability to set and communicate vision and strategy.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a range of people at all levels, including governmental and non-governmental organizations, grassroots groups and donors
• Ability to lead and work as a member of teams, including consensus building, communications, and leadership skills.
• A strong commitment to empowering women by supporting gender inclusive and gender responsive strategies and practices.
• Sound written and oral communications skills to communicate clearly in Odia, English and Hindi. Speaking ability of Adivasi language is preferred.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software.
• At least 08 years of relevant senior level/leadership experience required with experience managing people and complex projects in India
No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview. “Living Farms reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Candidates interested in the above mentioned positions are requested to apply to email@example.com with a cover letter with the name of position applied outlining how they fulfill the expectations of the required role along with an updated resume, giving details of two references, current cost to organization and expected salary, by or before 30th June.
Living Farms is equal opportunity organizations and do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of religion, race, creed, color, ethnicity , caste, gender, age, physical and/or mental handicap, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org