Closing DateAug 10 2021
of Reference Consultant-Public Health Planning & Evidence
Name of Division: Public Health Planning & Evidence, RRCNE
Reporting to: Director, RRC-NE, Guwahati, Assam
Name of Position: Consultant, Public Health Planning & Evidence
Number of position: One (Number of position may increase)
Location: RRCNE, Guwahati
NHSRC is seeking applications from eligible candidates for One position of Consultant, Public Health Planning & Evidence (Number of position may increase) for its branch office – Regional Resource Centre for North Eastern States (RRC-NE) at Guwahati, Assam.
National Health Mission (NHM) is the umbrella programme of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India to ensure provisioning of universal health coverage for providing access to equitable, affordable and quality health care services which is accountable and at the same time responsive to the needs of the people. The Mission also aim for reduction of children and maternal mortality as well as population stabilization, gender and demographic balance.
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) is a technical support organisation under the National Health Mission, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. NHSRC channelizes required technical assistance for the MoHFW and the States for various tasks. Such requirements are dynamic in nature. For meeting the specific needs of eight NE States, Regional Resource Centre – NE (RRC-NE) at Guwahati functions as branch office of NHSRC. The team at RRC-NE is headed by the Director with technical teams for each area.
Work at the NHSRC/RRC-NE is organised around seven divisions, namely – Community Processes & Comprehensive Primary Care, Healthcare Financing, Healthcare Technology, Human Resources for Health, Public Health Planning, Public Health Administration and Quality Improvement.
If you have a commitment to health equity and excellence, here is a unique chance to work with a team committed to shaping the public health landscape in India. The position offers you an opportunity to participate in the process of strengthening health systems, improving health service delivery and enabling positive health outcomes, through hands on implementation assistance at national, state and district levels. Working with a transdisciplinary team, you can discover, adapt, co-create and disseminate solutions to multiple challenges related to service delivery systems, universal primary health care, human resources for health, community processes, health financing, quality of care, public health planning and health promotion. This is an opportunity to support health systems strengthening at scale, learn from district and sub district implementation, undertake knowledge translation, and enable realization of the vision of universal health coverage.
As Consultant, Public Health Planning & Evidence at regional level, the overall objective is to provide requisite technical support to build capacity for programme management in public health at the States and Districts level for implementation of NHM activities by the Eight (8) North Eastern States of India.
3) Scope of Work
• S/he should be a team player.
• Facilitating implementation of NHM activities in the 8 NE States
• Assist the Director / Senior Consultant (PHP&E), RRC-NE on situational analysis of the health sector in the 8 NE States
• Assist in formulation of State Plans for NHM in the assigned states/ districts based on the findings of facility surveys conducted along with other components/subcomponents of the Planning processes in the respective areas.
• Monitor implementation of various programmes under NHM.
• Undertake studies / surveys / operational research on the health issues of the North Eastern region.
• Assist the Director / Senior Consultant (PHP&E), RRC-NE in identification of technical assistance needs of different states to accelerate implementation of State Plans for
• Provide technical assistance to State Programme Management Unit as necessary and conduct supportive supervision of programme implementation.
• Identify low performing indicators in Aspirational Districts of the 8 NE States and facilitate roll out of phase wise plans for uplift of Health & Nutrition indicators to improve their performance.
• Assist the Director / Senior Consultant (PHP&E), RRC-NE in appraisal of reports/plans related to various topics / issues of Health Systems Strengthening from time to time
• Support generation and synthesis of evidence on components of health systems strengthening from field visits & multiple technical data sources
• Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by MoH&FW- GOI, Executive Director - NHSRC, Director – RRCNE and State Govt. authorities.
Timely accomplishment of task and responsibilities and regular reporting to the Director, RRCNE at the end of every month
5) Qualification and Experience : A.1. Essential:
• Graduation in o MBBS, o BDS, o BAMS/BHMS/BUMS/BNYS/BSMS o BSc Nursing
• Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma/ Diplomate of National Board in o Preventive and Social Medicine; o Community Medicines; o Epidemiology o Field Epidemiology
o Public Health; o Community Health or o Community Nursing o Health Administration including Hospital Administration
• A minimum of 2 (Two) years post-graduation qualification experience for Medical Graduates (MBBS) or
• A minimum of 3 (Three) years post-graduation qualification experience for non – MBBS (BDS, AYUSH & BSc Nursing).
• Previous work experience in Health Systems Research or in Planning and Implementation of service delivery at the National/State / Districts level will be an advantage.
• Published work in the area of health systems or public health is preferable.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and strategy development with policy and / or demonstrated experience in operationalizing health programme at field level / working in strengthening district level health systems.
• Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point; any other computerized statistical/analytical package is highly desirable.
• Good oral presentation and writing skills.
• Demonstrated managerial skills and be able to lead a team.
6) Travel and subsistence
The Consultant should be ready to travel extensively to State/District/Block/village levels. All travels must be authorized in advance by Director, RRCNE. The Consultant shall be reimbursed for travel as per NHSRC rules.
7) Reporting Requirements
The Consultant will submit monthly updated report to the Director, RRCNE.
The workstation of Consultant is at RRC-NE, Guwahati. However, s/he may be required to relocate at any of the stations in any NE States on requirement of organization. Opportunity to gain hands on experience of public health canvas of states and districts. Travel to states, districts and sub-districts will be extensive.
9) Consultancy Period
Initially, it will be till 31st March 2023. The first 3 months will be on probation, which may be extended, subject to satisfactory performance, the consultancy will continue for the full term.
10) Consultancy fees
The Consultant will be paid a consolidated monthly fee as per NHSRC HR Policy (within Rs.60,000/- to Rs.1,20,000/-).
11) Other Benefits:
In addition to the renumeration mentioned above, Consultants of NHSRC are entitled to Free Accidental insurance, Mobile bills and Laptop reimbursement (As per NHSRC Policy), 30 days earned leave, fully paid Maternity leave as per Government of India policy, performance linked increments, TA/ DA and per diem for on-duty visits.
* Fee offered within the band will be commensurate qualification and experience.
Age Limit: Not above 45 years (As on last date of receipt of application form).
• Short listing shall be done based on relevant experience and educational qualification.
• Candidate selected in this interview could be considered for other vacant positions in RRC-NE/NHSRC requiring similar skill sets and at appropriate level.
To Apply: Candidates are requested to fill the online application correctly which is available on the NHSRC website (http://nhsrcindia.org) or RRC,NE Website (http://rrcnes.gov.in) Applications will be accepted in the prescribed online application format only. Last date for receiving applications is 10th August 2021.
a) While filing the online application in the NHSRC website, the resume, which needs to be uploaded, should be attached in the prescribed format.
b) Please mention the full form of all the post graduate qualifications in the application form.
c) Please refrain from using abbreviations in the application form.