Closing DateJun 15 2021
Health Institute for Mother and Child
1. POSITION VACANT: Deputy Director –RMNCH+A and Family Planning
2. LOCATION- New Delhi
3. LAST DATE TO APPLY- June 15, 2021
MAMTA Health Institute for Mother and Child (MAMTA-HIMC) is a leading national-level NGO which works across 20 states in India. It is a not-for-profit institution registered under society Registration Act 1956.
MAMTA’s journey began in the urban slums of New Delhi in 1990 in the field of mother and child health and nutrition. In the last 27years, MAMTA has evolved in to a leading, multi-pronged, national level in situation that is focused on empowering people and communities; building capacities; forging partnerships and alliances; building evidences on implementation as a science to advance policy and programme investments for health and nutrition of the marginalized.
MAMTA works through the mechanism of direct intervention, community mobilization, health system strengthening, networking and policy advocacy in close partnership with government and public health systems, civil societies, academic institutions, corporate sector and the community at large. MAMTA extends its work in four broad thematic areas:
• Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN)
• Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (YSRHR)
• Communicable Diseases (CDs) such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis ‘B’ & ‘C’
• Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)
The organization has a strong team of 850 fulltime staff with multi-disciplinary senior and middle management teams. The MAMTA team, along with 136 NGO partners, is driving the health and empowerment agenda in India and across borders. In addition to India, last decade has observed spread of our work as a technical support agency to countries of South and South East Asian region as well. MAMTA has its head office in New Delhi and State/regional offices in Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow, Patna and Shimla.
The organization has a strong multi-disciplinary team. For more information, visit our website: www.mamtahimc.in
The Deputy Director is a senior management level position in the organization responsible for ensuring the overall quality of programme activities of MAMTA’s RMNCH+A projects. The Deputy Director would collaborate with a team of professionals and the field team(s)/ partner(s) and work in close collaboration with other units in MAMTA. S/he would report directly to the Executive Director.
1. Oversee advocacy and quality assurance across all RMNCH+A programmes and with special attention on family planning focussed program, undertaken by the organization.
2. Provide technical leadership for all RMNCH +A programmes.
3. Lead and contribute to the development of project work plans / implementation plans.
4. Liaise with relevant MoHFW departments at national level and work together with state and LGA (Local Government Area) stakeholders to assess progress, challenges, and to identify practical solutions.
5. Work with internal and external stakeholders to strengthen partnerships for improving the scope and range of RMNCH+A work mainly as well as active support for other themes too.
6. Conduct regular interactions with key national, state, and Local Government stakeholders and facilitate follow up on recommendations.
7. Ensure appropriate training and capacity building of all program staff under your managed programmes.
8. To develop new concepts and proposal to strengthen the ongoing agenda and help in future partnerships.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have either a Medical Graduate/ Public Health/ Social Science degree from a recognized university. Post Graduate/Doctoral degrees will be preferred.
Applicants are also expected to have an in-depth understanding of Indian public health system, policy directives, program implementation of GOI and states specifically in RMNCH+A and its linkages with National and International development goals. International work in similar field would be an added qualification.
15-20 years of progressive experience in the health sector with demonstrated ability in technical areas that includes MCH / RCH, family planning, Adolescent Health, and other social determinants of health.
Skills and Attributes:
Candidates must have command over advocacy skills, measurement frameworks and monitoring besides leadership capacity. Skills in communication, data management and analytical functioning are an asset.
• Strong documentation (proposals and reports) and communication skills in English;
• Good team management skills and should be able to work with professionals with varied competencies and background;
• Experience in result based monitoring and evaluation of the projects;
• Strong training, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy in the following: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Knowledge of efficiency enhancing advance software (for data management, presentations etc) shall be an added advantage.
• Passion and drive to improve and achieve.
MAMTA is an equal opportunity organization and encourages women candidates to apply.
Compensations shall be based on relevant experience and qualifications. Please do mention the current and expected remuneration package in your resume clearly.
Interested candidates should send their CVs on firstname.lastname@example.org with indicating post applied for in the subject-line of the email. Last date to apply is June 15, 2021.
Only Short listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: email@example.com