Closing DateDec 04 2021
Position: District Programme
Based in: Multiple districts of Bihar - Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Saran, Sitamarhi and Vaishali
Start date: at the earliest
Number of posts: 8
REACH is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the fight against Tuberculosis (TB), with offices in Chennai and New Delhi. REACH has been awarded a two-year grant by the Stop TB Partnership as part of the Wave 9 TB REACH mechanism to work on drug-resistant TB in eight districts of Bihar.
REACH is currently recruiting for 8 District Programme Coordinators, to be based in the following districts of Bihar: Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Saran, Sitamarhi and Vaishali. The District Programme Coordinator will be responsible for implementation of the project and all activities in their respective districts.
• Responsible for overall implementation of the project in their designated districts
• Preparing district level activity plan in line with the broader project activity plan
• Responsible for day-to-day coordination, supportive supervision and handholding of TB Champions
• Supporting TB Champions to provide timely support to people with drug-resistant TB
• Coordinating with DTC for smoother project implementation and updating them on project progress
• Planning and organising planning and review meetings in the districts in coordination with District TB Cells (DTC)
• Organising monthly meeting with TB Champions at the district level
• Traveling to the state-capital/other districts for review meetings as required
• Collecting qualitative data for evaluation
• Generating reports for monitoring and validation
• Ensuring accurate and in-depth documentation of all project activities
• Drafting reports, meeting minutes and other documents as necessary.
• Validating, verifying and approving all district/field level invoices & bills
• Managing logistics for district-level activities as required
• Any other assigned activity
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• Graduate/Post graduate in Social work, Management, Rural Development, Public Health or related field
• Preferably 3-5 years of relevant work experience for Graduates or 1-2 years for Post Graduates in implementing health or development projects at the district level
• Prior experience of working in the district for which applications are invited
• Knowledge of TB and the functioning of the TB programme preferred
• Experience in community engagement for public health preferred
• Experience in field data verification and validation of field invoices preferred
• Knowledge of using MS Word, Excel etc for programmatic and financial reporting essential
• Fluency in English and Hindi
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• High ethical standards and transparent working style
• A willingness to carry out a wide range of activities, including both professional and logistical tasks
• Willingness to travel extensively across the district and state
REACH is an equal opportunity employer. Remuneration will be at par with market standards and will be based on experience and qualifications. Qualified TB Champions and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application including a cover letter describing their suitablity for this position and an updated CV to email@example.com at the earliest and no later than 4 December 2021. All applicants must mention the name of the district they are applying for in the email subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Email id: opportunities(at)reachindia.org.in