Closing DateJun 30 2021
Location: New Delhi
Reports to: Udayan Care Board Managing Trustee
Date: April 2021
Section 1 | About Udayan Care (www.udayancare.org)
Udayan Care (UC), a Public Charitable Trust has been working, since 1994, to transform the lives of underserved children, youth and women, through meaningful interventions for development at every step of their journey towards a dignified life.
By engaging individuals, committed to human rights, under the framework of the SDGs, Udayan Care enables nurturing homes for vulnerable children; empowers girls to aspire for and pursue higher education and gain employability; offers communities digital and vocational training to become self-reliant. Through research, training, conferences, and advocacy, Udayan Care influences policies and practices on the Standards of Alternative Care in the South Asian region.
UC provides homes to orphaned children, empowers girls through financial and development support to continue higher education, and supports communities to train themselves in vocations, by engaging socially committed individuals, who provide a transformative, nurturing and mentoring environment, to help them realize their full potential. UC also advocates and influences policy change in the alternative care space, by researching and creating evidence, training functionaries and developing policy briefs, and research papers.
UC has been accredited by Give India and Credibility Alliance, for its transparent and credible performance. It also has its presence on Niti Aayog’s Darpan. It has been a recipient of the prestigious National Award for Child Welfare by the President of India in 2014.
Section 2 | About the Role
The successful candidate will lead UC towards fulfilment of its Vision 2025, by ensuring and improving the standards of excellence across existing programs, developing action plans, capacity and competencies to deliver strategic objectives, engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
This role - is critical to the scaling and success of UC’s initiatives, and it, therefore, needs a highly-motivated individual to create long term impact at a national, and global level.
Priorities/ goals /roles of the incumbent will be:
1. Strategic implementation of Vision 2025
2. Engaging with the board to leverage their experience for Vision execution and governance excellence; Overseeing and reporting on the organisational results to the Board of Trustees.
3. Driving Operational excellence at every level of execution, including review of org structure, talent, diversity and capability; leading monthly, quarterly and annual performance management of all departments in keeping with the vision 2025 or any other emerging need; provide and organise career coaching, succession planning, growth and development for direct/ indirect reportees
4. Operationalizing the Vision by leveraging key levers of Fund Raising, communications and Volunteer base; Ensuring that communications, volunteer management and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
5. Supporting development of inventory and cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics, and their implementation.
6. Ensuring timely preparation of accurate analyses that capture and communicate business results, variances, and performance trends.
7. Coordinating and leading annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with Director Finance for operational and senior management for all locations.
Roles and responsibilities
Section 4 | Skill Set, Experience and Qualifications