Closing DateJul 28 2021
Announcement for the Positions of “Field Associate- Dairy” for
the project “Inclusion through Integration” Women Dairy farmers
in formal dairy supply chain in Kanpur region of Uttar Pradesh at
Solidaridad Regional Expertise Centre
Location The position would be based at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Solidaridad Regional Expertise Centre, (hereafter: Solidaridad), is a not-for-profit organization. Solidaridad India is part of the global Solidaridad network, which has its Secretariat in the Netherlands and is a major international driver of sustainable and fair production and consumption practices in different agri-food sectors like Coffee, Tea, Cocoa, Fruit & Vegetables, Cotton, Textiles, Gold & Industrial Minerals, Soy, Palm Oil, Sugarcane, Livestock/ Leather, Dairy and Aquaculture including leather. Solidaridad has a network structure consisting of nine Regional Expertise Centres on five continents with advanced knowledge of all supply chain levels.
The project is focus on working with women farmers in and around Kanpur region to build their capacities on good dairy practices through direct interaction and digital means. Also to link the women farmers to milk collection centres and banks, building their capacities on financial literacy and creating an enabling environment for them.
For more information visit: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org http://www.solidaridad.in
The position will be reporting to Programme Manager
• Responsible for promoting Good dairy practices among women farmers and at the same time ensuring the adoption of Good Dairy Practices.
• Helping in doing the baseline assessment of targeted dairy farmers.
• Rapport building with women famers and local representatives
• Linking Women dairy farmers to Milk Collection Centre
• Linking women dairy farmers to banks for opening their accounts.
• Support in financial literacy related trainings
• Training women farmers on mobile usage
• Orienting Family members of women dairy farmers on gender issues.
• Identifying and training male and female community mobilisers
• Responsible for implementing the Corrective actions at the field level suggested by experts.
• Organising Animal health camps and vaccination/ and Disease Management as per the need.
• Assisting the reporting officer for establishing Traceability mechanism in the project.
• Preparing case stories of progressive farmers.
• Documentation of field level activities in line of project need.
• Communication with multi stakeholders
• Performing other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
• Any Degree/Diploma in dairy related field or developmental studies.
• Candidates having good field experience of dairy extension services or working with farmers can be considered with any degree/diploma.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in livelihood/ dairy related/Farmers oriented projects.
• Fluency in Hindi and English language
Salary and Benefits
Solidaridad will pay a competitive salary and matching benefits including provident fund, LTA, health insurance and pension based on skills and experience.
Solidaridad is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can send in their CVs to Ms. Heena Bhasin at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28th July 2021 with subject line indicating “Field Associate-Dairy”.
Only candidates with relevant qualification and experience would be shortlisted. The ones who do not qualify in the short-listing won’t be intimated. The further short-listed candidates would be interviewed by a panel of internal and external experts.
Job Email id: email@example.com