Closing DateAug 19 2021
Position Vacant: Finance and Administrative Assistant (FAA)
No. of Vacancies: 1
Organization Name: NLR India Foundation
Place of Posting: Kolkata, West Bengal
Last Date: 20 August 2021
Reporting to: Leprosy Program Advisor
NLR India Foundation (NLRIF) is a non-political, non-religious and nonprofit development organization with its head quarter at New Delhi. NLRIF is supporting National Leprosy Eradication Program (NLEP) of India, at national, state & district level, in 129 districts across 7 states of India. The key areas of functioning of NLRIF are stopping the transmission of Leprosy, providing self-care services to persons affected by Leprosy, support to disabled person in their livelihood generation and reducing stigma and discrimination. NLR India works in close collaboration with NLEP program manager/officers, association of persons affected by Leprosy (APAL), International Federation of Anti-Leprosy Associations (ILEP) agencies, WHO and other stakeholders.
• All secretarial functions, attending telephone calls, letters drafting and sending, maintaining dispatch register, telephonic correspondence etc.
• Keep track of various timelines like report preparation, compilation, sending to head office
• Accountable for office expenditures and its documentation
• Procure equipment etc. with approval of Leprosy Program Advisor (LPA) and as per organizational policy
• Maintaining of files (hard & soft), inventory maintenance and management
• Arrangement of accommodation (hotel booking) and travel for team and guests
• Assistance in organizing various meetings/ workshops
• Ensure the office is well maintained with functioning equipment
• Compile, analyze (e.g. district monthly progress reports), and draft reports and presentations
• Maintenance of bills, vouchers and files related to accounts
• Reconciliation of accounts
• Analysis & preparation of reimbursement of fortnightly bills, TA claims & other dues of staff as per organizational policies.
• Preparation, maintenance of Cheques and preparation of drafts registers (incoming/outgoing)
• Calculating and submitting TDS if applicable
• Day to day office expenses & maintenance of cashbook/Bank book
• Keeping records of vehicle log books
• To monitor fund flow, fund utilization by the project staff
• To check and control misuse of funds provided.
• To prepare the payments related to staff benefits
• To check all bills properly before sending to Head Office
• Record-keeping of fixed asset register
• Good knowledge of finance related matters
• Any other tasks assigned by Supervisor.
Qualification and Experiences:
• Graduate with commerce and related subjects
• Proficient in local language (Bangla)
• Work experience with similar job responsibility for at least 2 years
• Expertise on Microsoft Office packages particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Other essentials/ preferred skills:
• Capacity building and training
• Data analysis, report writing, other documentation
• Good written & spoken English
• Good time management.
• Honesty, integrity and dependability.
Preference will be given to local candidates (native of West Bengal)
Remuneration: Salary will depend on requisite experience. S/he shall also be entitled for other benefits like insurance, medical reimbursement, travel concession, reimbursement of telephone costs, ex-gratia, gratuity, EPF etc.
How to apply:
You are requested to apply at the earliest. NLRIF will screen and interview on an ongoing basis starting from the date of advertisement; the position will be filled as soon as we get the suitable candidate. Please send your latest resume with a subject line ‘Finance and Administrative Assistant ’with covering letter which explains your track record in support to health systems and motivation that makes you eligible for this post, current salary and notice period in strict confidence, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone queries and clarification will be responded/ answered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Job Email id: email@example.com