Closing DateJun 13 2021
Reference # 42/05/2021/JA-IT/ICRI/Delhi
Project: ICRI – InsuResilience Climate Risk Insurance
Position: Junior Advisor
How to Apply: Please send your application in GIZ application form https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/28418.html along with the following to email@example.com with the reference number in the subject line.
• a statement of suitability for this position
• expected salary and notice period
A. About GIZ India
For details, click on: https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/368.html
B. Project Background
In 2020 alone, more than 2,000 people were killed by floods in India, with an estimated 4 million people left homeless. By 2030, extreme temperatures and more irregular rainfall are expected to cause income losses of up to 25% in agriculture, which is the basis for living for more than 700 million people. As a result, the consequences of climate change jeopardize the achievement of SDGs and the adaptation targets of India's NDCs. In order to mitigate the consequences of recurrent extreme weather events for the Indian population, it is necessary to develop and implement location- and target-group-specific risk reduction measures and the associated standards, as well as to disseminate demand-oriented financing solutions for dealing with damage.
To address these challenges, the project focuses on developing technological prototypes and financial models that can help reduce the impact of individual climate risks. Regularly recurring extreme events are to be better recorded by innovative, data-based approaches, conditionally plannable and thus also better insurable. In addition, the development of an app is intended to provide access to particularly vulnerable, rural populations, above all women, to be increased to climate risk insurance solutions.
• Providing support to the ICRI team members in carrying out project activities.
• Supporting the planning, implementation, monitoring and coordination of project activities in India here especially with the focus on platform design.
• Developing technical documents and knowledge products on the topic climate risk insurance, insurance tools, web and app design and platform
D. Core scope of Tasks
1. Coordination and Monitoring
• Supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results.
• Assists with recording and documenting the results of all activities.
• Assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects.
• Assists short-term experts completing their tasks.
• Prepares and carries out qualitative research activities in consultation with the manager or experts.
• Prepares technical guidance notes on relevant topics (climate risk insurance, insurance tools, web and app design and platform)
• Develops knowledge products as needed
3. Knowledge Management
• Assists in drawing up reports and translations.
• Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on relevant topics and partners (e.g. climate risk insurance, risk management guidelines, disaster risk management, climate insurance tools) develop and disseminate publications and communication materials for different target groups.
• Organises and updates the documentation related to ICRI within DMS.
4. Other duties/ additional tasks
• Represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf.
• Carries out important tasks for the ICRI, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description.
• Assists other experts, if necessary, as translator.
E. Required qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• University degree in computer science, ideally with a focus on web and app design and/or on transactions tolls or a similar degree.
• 2-3 years of experience within the IT sector and/or insurance sector.
• Knowledge of working in international cooperation or with regional organisations as well as relevant international frameworks.
F. Location: Delhi
G. Duration of the contract: Until 30th September 2023
H. Last date of receiving application: 13th June 2021
Application without GIZ application form will not be considered
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• GIZ supports Work-Life Balance.
• GIZ promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
Disclaimer: As per GIZ’s data confidentiality policy, candidate’s application is stored in our database for six months and is deleted thereafter.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org