Position: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer
Supervisor: Program Manager/Director
Local candidates are preferred
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for creating, collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative and qualitative data for the monitoring and evaluation of national programs to support program management and accountability.
• Degree in one of the following – Water Engineering; Statistics; Public Health; Social Sciences; Development Studies or a related field.
• A post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is required.
• At least five (3) years Development working experience in an INGO setting, with at least two (1) of the 3 years being field experience managing Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning work.
• Experience in project cycle management (PMD Pro preferred or willing to commit to getting certified within 6 months of employment)
• Practical, hands-on skills in managing a Monitoring and Evaluation system including its review, tools development, and Information management.
• Thorough understanding and experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including sampling, survey design, interviews, focus group discussions, data analysis, and application of these methods to project monitoring and evaluation standards in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene;
• Experience in at least two M&E design frameworks (Logical frameworks, Theory of Change, or Outcome Mapping);
• Proven computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Experience in the design, analysis and reporting of quantitative and qualitative surveys.
• Strong analytical skills (use of analytical software at least one: R, SPSS, STATA, EPI INFO, ALTLAS IT, ARC-GIS, MaxQDA, NIVIVO);
• Excellent communication skills (written and spoken);
• Experience presenting research findings to diverse audienes;
• Previous experience in the design and delivery of capacity building trainings in M&E.
• Experience providing technical assistance in MIS/M&E.
BUSINESS COMPETENCIES & GENERAL SKILLS
• In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical programs and excel;
• Knowledge and experience working in cloud-based database software
• Knowledge and experience working with mobile data collection
• Knowledge and experience with WASH sector guidelines and best practices;
• Knowledge and experience designing or delivering WASH programming
• Knowledge and understanding of local community and social/cultural constraints for effective project design and implementation;
• Competence in writing high quality reports, exhibiting detailed and professional attributes Highly proficient in English both spoken and written;
• Oral Communication/Presentation skills;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Ability to work in rural environments with little to no infrastructure.
• License to drive a motorcycle and vehicle is preferred
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of base time.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Program design and operations
• Support the programs Manager in the implementation of a planning, monitoring and evaluation system according to the LWI Country Strategy Plan.
• Support WPA teams in planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Organize annual planning and review meetings.
• Produce major reports and case studies from LWI work based on M&E data,
• Implementing M&E training programs for staff that will enhance and develop skills required to perform their jobs in assessment, design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
• Support proposal writing and other fundraising activities.
M&E system and Information Management
• Implement LWI Monitoring and Evaluation strategies including baselines, evaluations and monitoring activities.
• Provide technical support to LWI staff in developing and applying a simple, systematic, effective and participatory system of project monitoring and evaluation.
• Reviewing/creating and maintaining relevant database in support of LWI operations.
• Design and implement periodic field studies and other data collection instruments for the purposes of learning the effects of program interventions.
• Collect qualitative and quantitative data for enhancing planning and implementation of programmes.
• Verifying and validating at least 10% of the data reported.
• Ensure up to date databases that provide real-time accurate and complete information on WASH program implementation and resource utilisation.
• Update of indicators and ensure minimum standards for measurement of project impact and program excellence are followed.
Reporting and Capacity Building
• Capacity building of program staff in M&E.
• Prepare concise WPA reports for Consolidation by PM.
• Oversee the collection and review process for Most Significant Change stories
• Assess equipment and Software needs for M&E and ensure appropriate, effective and efficient software/equipment is maintained.
Documentation and Research
• Co-ordinate and facilitate action research on important issues in the water and sanitation sector as identified by LWI country office learning and innovation agenda
• Support in-country efforts to develop local learning systems and production of learning products on regular basis for dissemination in-country and internationally within LWI and its stakeholders.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org