Closing DateJul 31 2021
Solidarity and Action Against The HIV Infection in India (SAATHII)
Job designation : Prison Peer Mobilizers
Job Code : SAATHII/SU-DL/PPM/0721/128
Location : Palwal, Faridabad, Gurgaon , Haryana (Cluster of 3-4 districts)
Date of Issue : 20.07.2021
Closing Date : 31.07.2021
About the Organization: Solidarity and Action Against The HIV Infection in India (SAATHII) is a registered non-profit organization that works towards universal access to healthcare, justice, legal and social services for people living with HIV/AIDS and vulnerable groups such as transwomen, men who have sex with men, women who sell sex and people who inject drugs. Registered in 2002 and headquartered in Chennai, SAATHII has operations across the country.
SAATHII has zero-tolerance towards harassment (whether sexual or non-sexual) or any form of abuse, including – but not limited to – harassment and violence targeted at children and women, PLHIV, gender non-conforming persons and member of the LGBTIQA+ communities.
Description of the Project:
SAATHII currently has vacancy Prison Peer Mobilizer (PPM) position for Delhi Unit to be based in Gurgaon and responsible for Subikhsha+ projects.
Reporting to: State Prison Coordinator (SPC). The PPM will be working at the district level covering 3-4 districts (or more, depending on the number of prisons and inmates) and would be responsible for implementing project activities and for achieving the project deliverables in their respective geographies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Sensitize Prisons’ and OCS officials on health rights of the inmates and about the services to be delivered under the program.
• Coordinate with district health functionaries and other stakeholders to ensure their support in providing testing and treatment facilities to the inmates.
• Get permissions from Prisons and OCS and organize HIV, TB, STI and HCV screening camps with support of local SA-ICTCs, DTO, DSRC, and NVHCP officials.
• Facilitate establishment of District Oversight Committee (DOC) involving prisons, OCS, district health functionaries (such as DAPCU / DNO, DTO, TI projects, DLNs / CSC, SA-ICTC, DSRC, other health officials) and ensure regular meetings of the DOC to develop a coordination mechanism at the district level.
• Sensitise prison officials on issues related to HIV and other infectious diseases and conduct site-sensitization activities
• Coordinate with prison and OCS officials for the selection of the Prison Peer Volunteers (PPV).
• Train the PPVs on HIV and other related health issues and the project’s intervention model
• Organise various IEC and recreation activities inside prisons and OCS (such as mass awareness generation sessions, group counselling sessions, competitive games and activities)
• Educate inmates on prevention and harm reduction, positive living and treatment adherence through IEC/BCC activities and one-to-one and group counselling.
• Work in close coordination with the local SA-ICTC, ARTC, DSRC, DTO, and OST centers to ensure HIV, STI, and TB testing and treatment services for prisons and OCS inmates
• Saturate the coverage of inmates in prisons and OCS allocated to the PPM, and ensure HIV services for all new inmates
• Coordinate with prison and OCS authorities and district health functionaries towards ensuring all STR cases are sent for confirmatory testing and treatment linkages
• Support the PPVs in providing counseling on positive living and treatment adherence to the HIV+ inmates, and in educating those inmates on various social protection schemes and motivating them to avail the schemes
• Support the SPC in coordinating with relevant authorities towards establishing F-ICTC, LAC, and S-OST (as per requirement) inside prisons. Provide support to prison officials in strengthening the facilities and for ensuring timely submission of reports from those facilities to the relevant authorities
• Coordinate with the PPVs towards motivating the HIV+ inmates for giving consent to visit their families. Accordingly coordinate with the local CSCs / DLNs / TI projects for ensuring home visits for motivating the spouse / partner of the HIV+ inmates for getting tested for HIV, and educating and linking the family members to various social protection schemes
• Coordinate with the DOCs for ensuring post-release linkages of inmates to HIV-TB services in their respective native districts
• Represent the project in the district review meetings, and other meetings as per project requirements
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of the project reports and documents, including updating the Monthly Progress Report, Positive Line List, supporting documents, and formats to the SPC
• Ensure timely submission of SIMS reports from all the Prisons F-ICTCs in coordination with their parent ICTCs.
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of monthly plan, daily log, timesheets, travel advance requests, and expenses claims and bills to the SPC
• Support in development of IEC materials to be used in the prison setting
• Assist in research study to be undertaken within the prison settings
• Assist the SPC in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Ensure that all inmates are provided with a copy of the Resource Directory at the time of their release from the prisons and OCS, so that they are able to access those services, so that all the HIV+ inmates can find and reach the local DLNs / CSC and ARTC in their native districts, and other inmates (non-HIV+) can find and reach the local TI projects and other HIV related service provides in their native districts
• Undertake any other activities as instructed by SACS / TSU and / or reasonably required by the project and the organization.
Qualifications, Experience and Skill-Set:
Graduate with computer skills or Twelfth pass with minimum two years of experience of working on HIV projects as a field staff (experience of working on prison interventions / GFATM projects, or TI/LWS projects will be an added advantage). The qualification criteria will be relaxed for suitably experienced candidates living with HIV and/or TB, ex-convicts, and individuals belonging to key populations or other vulnerable groups.
• Written and oral communication skills in English and regional language of the state.
• Counselling and outreach and documentation skills
• Sound computer skills, including use of internet and MS officeTM software
• Should be based at the districts allotted, for work in the respective zones
• Willing to travel extensively using public transport services
• Ability to work with large network of health care facilities from the government, private
and non-governmental sectors
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and meeting timelines
• Ability to work as a team player in a complex, multicultural environment
Remuneration: The salary offered for the position is Rs 14,000/- .
This position requires a minimum of 12-15 days travel in a month to the districts and blocks with the designated state and outside, as per needs.
INSTRUCTIONS to Apply:
Please submit a comprehensive CV in English with a supporting cover letter, including the names of three referees (including a current or most recent employer), as well as expected salary, last salary earned and required notice period.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to the following addresses, and clearly specify the Position Title and Job code.
SAATHII seeks qualified and experienced applicants who can work in a multi-cultural environment with diverse teams comprised of people of diverse religious and language backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities. SAATHII is a secular institution working to create an environment of zero tolerance for prejudice based on religion, caste/community, gender, sexuality, and gender expression. The salary will commensurate with the candidates’ skills and experience and aligned with the existing market values.
Qualified applicants who are HIV-affected, women, and/or belonging to sexual/gender minority populations are encouraged to apply.
• Email to send applications : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Job Code must be mentioned in email subject : SAATHII/SU-DL/PPM/0721/128
• Closing date : 31.07.2021
Please send both CV and cover letter as attachment. Avoid writing cover letter in email body. Job Code must be mentioned in email subject.
Job Email id: email@example.com