Closing DateJun 26 2021
Title: Program Manager – Mumbai (Nutrition or RMNCH
Areas of Expertise: Program Management, Project management, Program Design, Team Management, Nutrition, RMNCH, Public Health, Government Liasioning
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Experience: 4 to 8 Years
Salary Package: 7 Lakhs to 9 Lakhs per Annum (Depending on Experience & Exposure)
We are Hiring a Program Manager (Mumbai) for our Not for Profit Client who are is a not-for-profit, exclusively committed to eradicating child undernutrition, through a three-pronged approach of raising awareness, implementing direction intervention projects in vulnerable geographies and conducting research to understand the underlying causes of malnutrition and has touched over 7 lakh lives in India the past five years. They are a member of a leading global network working in more than 45 countries and supporting around 20 million people. They drive change from the ground up, to make this world free from hunger. Their work has impacted the lives of 15 million individuals globally, through a network of 7100 humanitarian professionals across 50 countries. In India, their operations focus on taking decisive action against the causes and effects of malnutrition. Through grassroots interventions, we equip people with knowledge and awareness, so they can see their children grow up strong, and enable whole communities to prosper.
About the role:
The Program Manager will be responsible for quality of operations, delivery and management of project deliverables as per the stated and agreed targets and timelines.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
A) Program support :
• Develop overall performance goals for projects & execute plans with Project Managers with their teams
• Support, guide team on planning and implementation of activities defined within timeframe and budget and in accordance with strategy agreed with the State Program Manager/ Program Director.
• Monitor nutrition projects including field visits, monthly meetings and review of the regular program, budget forecast, follow up and progress of the project
• Track programmatic data and ensure quality of data captured from the field
• Coordinate with M&E team and implement the M&E processes
• Report programme activities, updates and key challenges related to assigned projects to the State Program Manager
• Committed to gender, diversity and inclusion agenda of the organization
B) Team management and performance monitoring :
• Team management including staff recruitment, training, and evaluation.
• Supervise the work of project managers as well as the training of other staff on project milestones, goals, targets, and strategy
• Coordinate with Log & Admin for any programmatic purchase with proper review and adherence to protocols of the Organisation within the budget set by the Funder
• Track the performance of teams and team members to evaluate the compliance with time, budgetary, and other requirements
C) Documentation and report generation :
• Submit donor reports as per timelines and ensure accuracy of data and quality of narrative reports
• Support Line Manager in writing proposals, provide data from field and coordinate with inter-departments as and when required
• Lead and regularise review meetings for assigned projects and present the updates during State Review Meetings
D) Networking and training:
• Represent the client in coordination meeting with local and state level health authorities like MCGM, ICDS and local NGOs
• Conduct training needs assessment and support in conducting trainings
Education and Experience:
• Medical degree or Masters/PGD in Nutrition or Public Health.
• Minimum 6-10 years of operational experience in similar capacity managing large teams and working with government systems
• In depth domain knowledge of nutrition/public health issues/mother-child health issues
• IT proficiency and working knowledge of statistical software
Skills & Competencies:
• Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills
• Effective planning and delegation skills
• Setting clear expectations and keeping focus on goals to ensure outcomes
• Strong conflict resolution and decision-making abilities
• Strong communication, interpersonal skills and documentation skills
• Ability to foster teamwork and build capacity
• Ability to manage diversity and change
• Sound work ethics
• Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
Compensation: Between 7,00,000 to 9,00,000 INR CTC per annum, the final pay will be decided based on experience and expertise.
Language Proficiency: Fluent in spoken and written English, working knowledge of Hindi and local language would be preferred
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 35% to 50% of the Time for meetings and location visits
Apply with your updated resume through the form link below