Closing DateJul 28 2021
Plan International (India)
Position Name: Project Manager - PSM (Based at NACO)
Position Type: Full-time
Division: GFATM – SCM Strengthening Project (SCMSP)
Reporting to: Dy. Project Director - SCM
Location: New Delhi
Contract Duration Till 31st March, 2024
Level of Contact With Children 1 (Direct contact with children)
The position holder shall be responsible to adhere & work within the ambit of Plan India’s Child Protection & Gender Equality Policies.
The “Supply Chain Management Strengthening (SCMS) Project for HIV/AIDS and TB drugs” aims to strengthen the technical capacity of the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), Central TB Division (CTD), State AIDS Control Societies (SACS) and State TB Cells (STC) to design, manage and monitor supply chains for improved access and availability of high-quality ARVs, TB drugs, diagnostics and other commodities across India. The Project is led by Plan International (India), the Principle Recipient (PR) for the HIV and TB Supply Chain grant under the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) for India to support NACO’s response to AIDS epidemic and Central TB Division (CTD) towards TB elimination.
The SCMS Project will be implemented by Plan International (India Chapter) as PR in collaboration with JSI R&T India Foundation as Sub-Recipient and 3PL services providers by the private sector. JSI R&T is mandated to provide technical assistance for improvement of the supply chains of ARV, TB drugs, diagnostics and other commodities under NACP and NTEP at regional and state level. The project will also leverage the private sector for the distribution of ARV, TB drugs, diagnostics and other commodities to ensure the availability and accessibility of drugs and commodities of both the programs across their facilities.
Reporting to Dy. Project Director - SCM the Project Manager- PSM will be based at NACO for all technical aspects related to the project and supply chain management. Project Manager - PSM will work closely with the SCM Team of NACO, CST, BSD and other divisions team to strengthen the supply chain technical and management capacity under the National AIDS Control Program. S/he will provide technical assistance to CST, Basic Services and other divisions on reporting related to Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) such as planning, quantification, inventory management, distribution and data reporting. S/he will be responsible to provide day-to-day technical support on the supply planning and pipelines visibility.
Project Manager - PSM will be based at NACO and provide procurement and supply chain domain expertise for the smooth implementation of the SCM Project. Project Manager - PSM will work in close coordination with Project Coordinator – PSM at NACO to ensure that the project activities are executed and timely approval is provided by the NACO for the implementation and will have the following major activities:
1. Liaise with NACO (BS, CST and other Divisions) and PLAN team on planning, development and implementation of strategies and activities aimed at improving the supply chain for HIV/AIDS commodities managed by NACO.
2. Support Dy. Project Director to develop annual project work plans on the SCM Project;
3. Represent the Plan India at the NACO level and provide strategic inputs at various technical reviews meetings.
4. Coordinate and collaborate with NACO officials, SACS officials, Regional Supply Chain Managers (RSCM), and others to ensure quality delivery of HIV/AIDS supply chain activities;
5. Technical support and inputs to NACO officials in respect of supply chain management including procurement and quality assurance functions of ARV drugs, testing kits and other commodities;
6. Liaise with Procurement Division of NACO, Procurement Agencies i.e. CMSS and RITES (hired by GOI), to obtain information on centralized procurement and timely delivery of supplies to SACS;
7. Support NACO to collect data from SACS and assist in reviewing and strengthening of existing quantification for ARV drugs, testing kits and other commodities to ensure constant availability of commodities at all levels;
8. Support NACO to collect all key reports on weekly/monthly/SOCH basis from SACS and aggregate data for analytical;
9. Provide visualization and analytical with contents on SCM reporting to NACO for informed decision making;
10. Provide project data visualization and analytical with contents on SCM reporting to Dy. Project Director and Project Coordinator – SCM on monthly, quarterly basis for project reporting to client;
11. Assist NACO to take appropriate action on the critical stock position in SACS and in ARTC and ICTCs to avoid stock out;
12. Work closely with Project Coordinator – SCM to write annual reports and success stories on the project;
13. Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly progress reports at national level to supervisor covering progress made on the project activities in the prescribed format.
14. Other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
1. Graduate/ Professional degree in Supply Chain Management/logistics management/Engineering, Public Health, Pharmacy and Business Administration.
2. Minimum 6-10 years of experience in private/ public health / health supply chain management, with at least 5 years of experience in providing technical assistance/consulting for private/ public health supply chain at national/state level; experience in supply chain management of an HIV/AIDS/TB program will be an asset.
3. Expertise in functions and practices of supply chain in private/government organizations/departments and knowledge of best practices in supply chain management.
30% of the total time
Compensation and Employment:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to apply:
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note (single Word document only) for the position of “Project Manager - PSM” at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Project Manager - PSM” in the subject line. Last date for sending applications is 28th July, 2021.
Considering the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by HR.
Job Email id: email@example.com