Closing DateNov 28 2021
Public Health Expert (Two Vacancies), CTD-STSU, Pune, Maharashtra
POSITION VACANT: Public Health Expert (Two Vacancies), CTD-STSU,
Strategic Alliance Management Services Pvt. Ltd. (SAMS) is a premier, multi-disciplinary, management consultancy, exclusively focused on servicing the needs of the Public Health and Development Sectors in India. SAMS is currently focused upon four principal practice areas, viz. Human Resource Consulting, Procurement & Supply Management (PSM), Capacity Building & Training and Management Consultancy Services.
Established in 1995, SAMS has been associated with a range of clients over the past 25 years which has included the best known, bi and multi-laterals, INGOs and NGOs in the country apart from the Government of India (GoI) and State Governments in the above sectors.
About The Union:
The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) is an international scientific organization headquartered in Paris, France, since 1920. It is a federation and an institute and also one of the oldest International NGOs in the world. It has regional and country offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America, and South- East Asia regions.
The Union South-East Asia (USEA) collaborates with MoHFW, India and operates on multiple large-scale grants for national Public Health programs, especially the National TB Elimination Program and the National Tobacco Control program, providing technical assistance, building capacity through its training courses, and conducting operational research to identify barriers and find local solutions.
SAMS has entered into a Joint Venture with The Union for the establishment of a State Technical Support Unit (STSU) in the state of Maharashtra, under Central Tuberculosis Division’s National Tuberculosis Elimination Programme (NTEP) for MoHFW.
About the Project:
Central Tuberculosis Division (CTD), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India (GoI) is implementing “Program Towards Elimination of Tuberculosis” funded by “International Bank for Reconstruction and Development” (IBRD), The World Bank to improve the coverage and quality of Tuberculosis control interventions in the private and public sector in nine targeted states of India.
In order to strengthen this initiative and intensify private sector engagement, establishment of National Technical Support Unit (NTSU) and STSUs in nine priority states have been considered to be key action points under institutional framework under NTEP.
“SAMS-Union” Joint Venture has been awarded the responsibility of establishing the STSU in Maharashtra. The STSU shall operate out of Pune and shall function with active support, supervision and monitoring by the NTSU.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF SAMS FOR ESTABLISHING STSU IN MAHARASHTRA:
Support the state in implementing the engagement of Service Providers: These Service Providers could be utilized to implement PPSA and any other partnership options as required by the state to provide various services in the TB care cascade for e.g., private sector engagement, community mobilization, etc.
A. Contract Management:
The primary responsibility of the STSU is to support the State TB Cell in managing the complete cycle of engaging service providers through the stages viz.:
The STSU will also provide technical support to the state TB cell on-boarding of the agencies and the operational management of the contract through the contract duration, the mandated periodic performance reviews against indicators, validation of milestone achievement, accuracy of claims, submission of all documentation, etc.
B. Monitoring and Evaluation:
C. Capacity Building and Technical Support:
D. Innovative Financing:
Facilitate support via innovative financing for implementation/ technical support etc. that is made available to the State from any donor or philanthropic institutions
E. Compliance / Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
The STSUs may also support and facilitate the tabling and review of grievances received from parties. The STSU shall only be responsible for executing due process. The Governing Committee / managing committees at the state level are the body mandated with reviewing and resolving grievances.
SAMS-Union JV is hiring two Public Health Experts on a full-time consultancy basis for STSU-Maharashtra to support implementation of NTEP with Central TB Division, based out of Maharashtra.
4. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the overall guidance and direction of Team Lead, STSU-Maharashtra the Public Health Expert shall execute the following responsibilities:
(1) The Public Health Expert is expected to Promote use of Standards of TB Care in India (STCI) in the state and assist in the development of additional tools and enablers for effective involvement of all care providers and stakeholders in NTEP at the State level.
(2) Assist the State in development, piloting and the scale-up of operational models of the Public Private Partnership in NTEP.
(3) Support the State in strengthening engagement of service providers based on assessment of the program needs in the TB care cascade
(4) Support the State in understanding the epidemiological variants across different geographies and plan activities as per the needs
(5) Support the State in developing a robust monitoring and evaluation system to understand the impact of different activities being done by different service providers
(6) Develop proposals for operational/implementation research, KAP studies, surveys for impact assessment
(7) Propose innovative methods for field level interventions to meet the End TB targets
(8) Coordinate with the Medical Colleges, NGOs, Private practitioners, professional medical associations, corporate sector care and public sector care providers outside the Health Department.
(9) Provide TA to the State for the timely and complete reporting from various public private partnership project. Also facilitate the compilation and analysis of these reports at the State level.
(10) Provide TA to the State for monitoring and evaluation of public private collaborative activities under NTEP in the State.
(11) Undertake any other activities as assigned by the STO/ CTD-NTSU in the interest of NTEP /TB Elimination in the State.
5. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Master’s degree in Public Health/ Community Medicine/ Preventive and Social Medicine/ Social Sciences or any other related field from a recognized University/ Institute.
(1) Minimum of six years of experience in Public Health, out of which three years’ relevant experience should be in Infectious Disease.
(2) Experience and knowledge of TB Programme is desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Proven ability to communicate clearly
(2) Ability to work effectively in a team
(3) Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential
(4) Excellent analytical and communication skills are essential
(5) Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in cross functional teams
(6) Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and working knowledge of local language in Maharashtra is mandatory
(7) Ability to work independently on complex projects and proactively manage projects with minimal supervision
(8) High EQ and excellent interpersonal skills, especially in cross-cultural settings and highly distributed work environments with demonstrated ability to build relationships quickly.
(9) Willingness to be based in Maharashtra and travel extensively (12-15 days/month) as per the requirement of the project
(10) Ability to make effective use of resources and comparative advantage to strengthen programs and partnerships
(11) Ability to identify problems, propose solutions and take immediate corrective measures.
6. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross monthly remuneration payable for this post shall be within the range of Rs. 85,000/- to Rs. 100,000/-, subject to withholding Taxes, as applicable. The remuneration will be decided based on the last drawn salary, experience, and calibre of the candidate.
7. NATURE OF ENGAGEMENT:
The selected candidate shall be appointed as a Consultant on a full-time basis for a fixed term assignment with Strategic Alliance Management Services Pvt. Ltd. (SAMS). The contract shall be valid for one year, and extendable up to three years based upon approval from Principal and candidate’s performance.
8. NUMBER OF VACANCIES: Two
9. LOCATION: Pune, Maharashtra
How to apply
10. REFERENCE: PH-CTD-STSU
11. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services Pvt. Ltd.
12. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to urgently apply to https://recruitment.samshrm.com/JOBS/CTD, along with a cover letter highlighting their motivation to apply and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, by or before November 28, 2021.