Closing DateJun 11 2021
Senior Consultant-Immunization (MoH&FW)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
• Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collect, compile and analyse routine and supplementary immunization coverage and monitoring data and provide feedback to senior officials in MoHFW and state officials for interventions at national and subnati onal levels.
• Provide technical assistance to MoHFW for implementation of activities related to the Universal Immunization Programme (UIP). Develop technical guidelines and protocols on matters related to vaccines, programme implementation and policy for improving immunization coverage in the country.
• Assist MoHFW with planning and implementation of immunization campaigns, such as “Mission Indradhanush”, for periodic intensification of routine immunization.
• Assist MoHFW in techno-managerial capacity for introduction of new vaccines
• Review the progress of immunization program in different states of the country
• Undertake field visits to monitor the planning and implementation of immunization program, providing feedback at appropriate levels.
• Assist MoHFW in review and coordination of the allocated thematic components of UIP like Monitoring & Evaluation, Vaccine logistics management, Cold Chain, AEFI, Health System Strengthening etc. with states and partners.
• Assist MoHFW in establishing monitoring and review mechanisms related to status of vaccine stock, cold chain logistics and training.
• Assist the states in preparation and review of project implementation plan under National Health Mission.
• Liasoning with state in effective implementation of programme and improvement of immunization coverage.
• Organize and coordinate meetings of technical expert committees, document the minutes of meetings and subsequently follow up on action points.
• Coordinate with partners and stakeholders for improvement of program performance.
• Undertake any other activities / tasks as assigned by the supervisors.
• MBBS Graduate with Post-Graduate in Public Health or Community Health or Community Health Administration or Preventive & Social Medicine.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in RCH/Immunization related programmes. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in RCH/Immunization programme at National level.
• Candidate having experience in public health system, and relevant government policies/ strategies, particularly in the field of National Health Mission and Immunization.
• Computer proficiency with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi is also desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Demonstrated experience in operationalizing health programme at field level/ working in strengthening of district level health systems.
• Willingness to travel to states and districts to provide technical assistance and ability to work on different assignments simultaneously to meet the timelines for assignments.
• Work experience of 2-3 years in the field of Immunization at National level.
• Experience in the field of introduction of new vaccines in the country.
• Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work of high quality or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance.
Age: Up to 40 years as on last date for receiving application and having sound health to undertake extensive field visits
Remuneration Range: Between Rs. 90,000/- to 1,50,000/- per month
Location: New Delhi with willingness to travel to states and districts.
How to apply: Candidates are requested to fill the online application correctly which is available on the NHSRC website (http://nhsrcindia.org). Applications will be accepted in the prescribed online application format only. The last date for receiving applications is 11-Jun-2021.