Closing DateJul 23 2021
Senior Program Officer
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures. We partner with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families. Jhpiego translates the best science and practice into moments of care that can mean the difference between life and death for women and families. The moment a woman gives birth; the moment a midwife helps a newborn to breath. Through our partnerships, we are revolutionizing health care for the world’s most disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
In India, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of family planning, maternal and child health, strengthening human resources for health, and non-communicable diseases. These programs are funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, David & Lucile Packard Foundation, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), MSD for Mothers and other anonymous donors.
Jhpiego is hiring for positions of Senior Program Officer based at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The position will support in strengthening family planning and maternal and neonatal health programs in state and developing robust health systems and a conducive environment for addressing the unmet need for spacing in Uttar Pradesh.
• Work closely with state and district teams for implementation of annual work plan as per agreed deliverables and respective timelines
• Liaison with state Government/ State Health Mission (NHM) officials and private sector for smooth project management and respond to the requests in a timely manner
• Work closely with state institutions like NHM, UPTSU and SIFPSA, FOGSI and private providers to strengthen post-pregnancy family planning strategy in both public and private sector and improve quality of care in maternity services in private sector institutions in the state
• Support in strengthening measurement mechanisms for post-pregnancy family planning services at the state level.
• Provide technical assistance and managerial support in rolling out the private sector initiative across the state.
• Provide technical support in implementation of IEC & BCC activities in state
• Work with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team for reporting on project related indicators, baselines, targets etc. to meet state and donor requirements
• Facilitate project activities including trainings, on-site coaching, workshop planning, logistics planning and management to ensure smooth project implementation
• Develop and produce documents like situation analysis reports, assessment reports, success stories, gap analysis plans, procurement plans etc. as per the program need and local context
• Represent Jhpiego at national and state-level meetings involving government and development partners
• Frequent travel to the districts as per the project and organizational requirements
• Align and ensure efficient and effective administrative operations, maximizing the input and support of other Jhpiego staff and consultants as appropriate
• Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor to achieve organizational goals Abilities/Skills:
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi; proficiency in local language will be an asset
• Proficiency in developing technical and programmatic documents such as training materials and periodic reports
• Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, development and technical partners and state/ district government counterparts • Ability to work with diverse technical team
• Ability to multi task and work under multicultural environment
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
• Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 50 % of his/her time
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Degree in MBBS and preferably with community medicine, public health, policy, health reform, management, or a related field
• 5-7 years of experience in Public Health sector
• Previous experience of working in family planning and MNH programs is desirable
• Technical knowledge and field experience of implementing large scale public health programs
• Strong technical expertise, good management skills, and extraordinary communication skills are the essentials for this position.
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.
Job Email id: email@example.com