Job Description – Sr.
Finance & Business Support Officer, Fairtrade India Project
Location : Bangalore
Centre for Social Markets is a Section 25 Not for Profit dedicated to promoting and creating awareness about sustainability and enabling various stakeholders to transition towards greater sustainability in India. It undertakes programmes and projects for empowering marginal farmers and workers in the food and fashion value chains, to promote awareness amongst different stakeholders about need for sustainability and how climate change needs to be tackled and research in various sustainability in agriculture and forestry related matter.
2. Position Summary
Working closely with a small core team, the Sr. Finance & Business Support Officer would be diligently working with Head of Finance and Administration and supporting for the Finance and Licensing and Administration function of the organisation at Bangalore Office.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Sr. Finance and Business Support Officer:
1. Handling and Managing the maintenance of the Book of accounts and the supporting documentation, including supporting the requirements put forward for financial audits.
2. Supporting the Administrative and Financial systems and processes of the organization including- Donor administration, Purchasing, managing vendors, travel policy management, agreement management, report generation, asset management, Timesheet and leave management, expense management, IT Support, co-ordinating with various service providers. Also ensuring the documentation and setting up and operational compliance with the organization systems.
3. Supporting Budgeting / Financial Planning - Assist in developing budgets and forecasts for proposals and resource mobilization
4. Cost Management-Manage costs on projects to deliver value for money to stakeholders.
5. Operations / Financial Reporting – MIS / Analysis / Actions / Follow Up
6. Managing and supporting Licensing management process online and offline.
7. In conjunction with the Fairtrade market linkages team provide support for the license management and certification support of existing and potential businesses.
8. Work with the management and market linkages team to set up and manage the pipeline management system, reporting systems, licensee management system as required.
9. Coordinate with external and internal stakeholders – auditors, licensees, producer groups, vendors, Fairtrade group organizations/other functions.
10. Cashflow / Working Capital management- Manage the cashflow and financial flows of the organization.
11. Supporting Compliance Management for MCA, Income Tax, GST, Local Laws, etc.
12. Supporting FCRA process / rules understanding and ensuring compliance.
13. Donor and Funding budget management, budget administration, and reporting including maintaining the book of accounts and back up records as per their policy requirement.
14. Any other task assigned by the supervisor / manager.
Skill and Experience Specification (Essential)
• A graduate with Finance/legal experience, preferably with semi-professional qualification.
• 4 to 6 years’ experience in office and finance management and administration
• Experience of working in start-up/ small organisation environment
• Knowledge of Tally and/or other SME accounting packages
• Experience in managing organisation business processes for procurement, vendor management, expenses, HR policies and other business processes.
• Experience in managing compliance related matter in IT, Service Tax/GST
• Exposure to FCRA compliance management.
• Experience of budget management
• Systematic and methodical
• Languages – English, Hindi, One or more South Indian Languages (Kannada / Tamil / Malayalam).
Key Internal Relationships
Experience within a network organization (internal and external providers)
Key External Relationships
Qualities / Attributes required
Ability to manage contractions / conflicts
Can Do approach and Initiative
Good Communicator, both oral and written
Good interpersonal skills
Good organizational and planning skills
Skill and Experience Specification (Desirable)
• Exposure to Sustainability dialogue
• Have an affinity with Fairtrade and its principles
• FMCG / Fashion Industry exposure will be an advantage.
Remuneration would be competitive and as per the Not-for-profit sector standard for a role with similar complexity and would also be based on the candidates experience domain expertise.
Last Date for Apply: 30th JUNE 2021
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Due to the number of applications it would be difficult to respond to each application individually. However applicants making to the next stage of selection would be contacted directly.
Job Email id: email@example.com