Closing DateJun 13 2021
Reference # 21/03/2021/TA/RAP/Surat/Pune
Project: Reduction of Air Pollution in Three Indian Cities under BMU global project on Export Initiatives for Environmental Technologies
Position: Technical Advisor
Location: Surat; Pune (2 Positions)
How to Apply: Please send your application in GIZ application form https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/28418.html along with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number in the subject line.
• a statement of suitability for this position
• expected salary and notice period
• location preference in the subject line
• a maximum of 2 pager note on any one of the topics given below:
Urban air quality management: Explain the Environmental strategies to mitigate transport emissions.
Explain the monitoring strategies for Urban air quality management
Applications without location preference will not be considered
A. About GIZ India
For details, click on: https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/368.html
B. Project Background
The vacancy announcement is for ongoing project – ‘Reduction of Air Pollution in Three Indian Cities”. The project is part of the Export Initiative on Environmental Technologies commissioned by German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
To address the air pollution problem in India, the Government of India through its Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) launched National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) in January 2019 as a national level strategy to achieve national level target of 20-30% reduction of PM2.5 and PM10 concentration by 2024. To support NCAP, under the Indo German Development Cooperation, a project on “Reduction of Air Pollution in Three Selected Indian Cities” has been initiated to provide technological solutions for 3 selected cities to implement measures for reduction of air pollution under India's National Clear Air Program (NCAP).
As a Technical Advisor, you will be responsible for supporting in planning, coordination and management of the project on “Reduction of Air Pollution in Three Indian Cities” commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) as a part of the Global Project on “Export Initiative - Environmental Technologies” (Exl) and achieving the targeted outputs and indicators/results with high quality and efficiency within the given timeframe for the selected project city (Surat/Pune).
D. Core scope of Tasks
1. Planning of the project activities related to all work packages
• Assist in making formal arrangements for the project, including agreements with partners, setting up of steering structures etc.
• Preparation of Operational Plans, budget planning and monitoring of project activities of the city.
2. Coordination and implementation of project activities
• Ensure that all the objectives, planned activities, results and the stipulated indicators of the project are achieved.
• Active coordination and communication with GIZ teams/consultants.
• Active coordination with partners (MoEFCC, CPCB, SPCBs, Municipal Corporations, Concerned State Government Departments, etc.) and various stakeholders (industries, industrial associations, GIZ consultants, international organisations, etc.) for ensuring implementation of planned project activities and timely deliverables.
3. Contract Management
• Assessment of the consultancy/contract requirements, preparation of terms of references, evaluation criteria etc. for tendering and evaluation of received bids for engagement of consultants as per GIZ rules.
• Assist in managing the contracts including facilitating the appointed consultants/contractors for successful completion of the assigned contracts.
• Assist in administering the contracts and ensure quality deliverables.
4. Documentation and Dissemination
• Preparation of progress reports, presentations, event reports, success stories/best practices/ case examples.
• Photo/video documentation, testimonials, facts and figures related to before and after situations.
• Support in dissemination via appropriate means, viz. meetings, workshops, training programmes, conferences, emails etc.
5. Application of specialist knowledge and expertise
• Identify and apply specialist knowledge (possessed by the candidate) for complementing the project results.
• Technical, conceptual and methodological advice to the project partners with a solution-oriented approach.
• Quality management – ensure quality of the outputs/deliverables, ensuring efficiency – costs, time and results
E. Required qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• 1st class post graduate degree in engineering / planning / sciences / environment from a recognised university or institution.
• Atleast 10 years of work experience in the relevant areas such as urban and industrial environment management and air quality management.
• Specific proven experience in the areas of air quality management, application of environmental technologies, project management, documentation etc. that are relevant to the job description given above.
• Experience in working with or for government organisations and urban local bodies.
• Preferable: Experience of working with or for development cooperation in India with international bi- and multilateral donors and financing organizations.
F. Location: Surat; Pune
G. Duration of the contract: Initially one year with a possibility of extension until March 2023 based on performance.
H. Last date of receiving application: 13th June 2021
Application without GIZ application form will not be considered
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• GIZ supports Work-Life Balance.
• GIZ promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
Disclaimer: As per GIZ’s data confidentiality policy, candidate’s application is stored in our database for six months and is deleted thereafter.
Job Email id: email@example.com