Closing DateJun 16 2021
Reference # 43/05/2021/TE/PSWP/Delhi
Project: Promotion of Solar Water Pumps
Position: Technical Expert
How to Apply: Please send your application in GIZ application form https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/28418.html along with the following to email@example.com with the reference number in the subject line.
• a statement of suitability for this position
• expected salary and notice period
• a maximum of 2 pager note on any one of the topics given below:
Once selected you may be responsible for conducting a survey to assess the existing status of the assets (i.e solar water pumps) installed under the Component B of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM). Can you please highlight how you will plan the assessment? Please highlight your proposed approach; including sampling method, different parameters to be covered to provide a holistic picture of the ground reality, and measures to ensure good quality of surveyed data? What would be your key criteria to select the most suitable agency to undertake the assignment?
Under PM-KUSUM component B, Government of India is planning to install around 20 lakh off-grid pump with a rough capacity of 9.6 GW. It is important to explore alternative use of the additional energy generated through the solar panels of the installed pumps beyond irrigation. As an expert, please share your clear and precise suggestions on how can GIZ provide the necessary technical assistance to Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) to address this above stated challenge.
A. About GIZ India
For details, click on: https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/368.html
B. Project Background
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has entrusted GIZ with the responsibility for implementing the German contribution to the Indo-German Energy Programme – Promotion of Solar Water Pumps (IGEN-PSWP). IGEN-PSWP will facilitate the development of an enabling market environment for the promotion of solar water pumps for productive use in selected federal states in a sustainable manner in India. The project would strive for developing a favorable policy environment for sustainable use of the solar pump, explore innovative business models, and facilitate access to affordable finance. The project would be developing the capacities of stakeholders like officials in financial institutions and agricultural-extension service providers. The goal of the initiative is to improve the deployment of solar water pumps for productive use in a sustainable manner in selected federal states of India. For more details please visit https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/75147.html.
• To provide technical assistance in terms of policy support for the successful deployment of solar water pumps both at the national and state level.
• To work closely with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, a few state governments and other stakeholders for sustainable deployment and ensure relevant use of the energy generated from the solar-powered irrigation systems for productive use.
• To provide technical assistance to create enabling environment for the productive use of the energy within the agriculture sector.
D. Core scope of Tasks
1. Implementation support to Central Government (MNRE) and State Government
• To provide technical support in the implementation of the PM-KUSUM scheme. S/he should also have an understanding of the other associated schemes related to the promotion of solar pumps which would impact the water-energy-food nexus in India.
• To provide feedback on tender/policy/scheme documents; provide support in designing the subsidy delivery mechanisms; designing the monitoring and evaluation mechanism for deployment of solar pumps both at the Central and state level.
• To identify the relevant factors for ensuring successful business models for both off-grid and on-grid solar pumps. Working with the private sector and other relevant stakeholders for identifying and improving the potential business models for replications.
• To handhold and support central and state government to explore upscaling of potential business models.
• To co-ordinate with different agencies and institutions for promotion of solar pumps, facilitate in co-ordination with associated policies within water-energy-food nexus.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation
• To conduct surveys to understand the status of the installed assets (Solar water pumps) through government scheme and the possible impact from the installations.
• To design, implement and monitor interventions as per the policy requirements.
• To design and develop impact reports for knowledge sharing among larger stakeholders.
• To develop and manage the digital database from the project interventions.
3. Project Management
• Responsible for project management (planning, implementation and management of consultants/ consultancy firms, etc)
• To develop and design Terms of Reference for projects.
• To develop and utilize frameworks for monitoring, evaluation and reporting project results and impact.
4. Support other activities within the team
• To support and provide technical backstopping to team members concerning the promotion of solar water pump.
• To represent IGEN-PSWP at different national and international forums for the sharing of programme learnings and results.
• To support development of proposals for supplementary funding for major/minor work.
5. Organizing Workshops/ Stakeholder consultations/ Events
• To organize dedicated stakeholder consultations/ events with special focus on policy linkages with diverse stakeholders.
E. Required qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Master’s degree in renewable energy/energy studies, management, economics, social sciences/ rural development or in any other related field.
• At least 8 years’ experience in a relevant field; such as managing of implementation projects (directly or indirectly through partner organizations) in DRE sector; undertaking energy access / decentralized renewable energy (DRE) / water-energy-food (WEF) nexus related on-ground research.
• Experience of implementing projects with focus on renewable energy products and services for the agricultural sector will be an advantage.
F. Location: Delhi
G. Duration of the contract: Until 30th September 2022 (can be extended)
H. Last date of receiving application: 16th June 2021
Application without GIZ application form will not be considered
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• GIZ supports Work-Life Balance.
• GIZ promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
Disclaimer: As per GIZ’s data confidentiality policy, candidate’s application is stored in our database for six months and is deleted thereafter.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org