Closing Date : September 20 2021, Monday
Primate Conservation, Incorporated (PCI) is a not-for-profit foundation founded to fund field research that supports conservation programs for wild populations of primates.
The intent is to provide support for original research that can be used to formulate and to implement conservation plans for the species studied.
Priority will be given to projects that study, in their natural habitat, the least known and most endangered species. The involvement of citizens from the country in which the primates are found will be a plus.
Grants have averaged approximately $2,500, with a maximum grant of $5,000.
- Primate Conservation, Inc. will grant seed monies or provide matching grants for graduate students, qualified conservationists and primatologists to study rare and endangered primates and their conservation in their natural habitat.
- They do not support conferences, travel to scientific meetings, legal actions, tuitions or salaries at institutions, and overhead costs.
- Proposals are evaluated on competitive basis.
- Applications are screened by outside reviewers and the Board of Directors of PCI.
- All appropriate projects will be considered, but the regions of current interest are Asia and West Africa.
- Grant applicants should fill out the cover sheet and institutional agreement forms (one page each).
- Proposals are to be submitted typed, double spaced, in English and limited to 20 pages total.
Note: Please submit three (3) copies of the complete proposal (All items).
For more information, visit PCI.