Closing Date : July 31 2021, Saturday
Bird Protection Grant 2021
Since 1991 the Swedish Club300 has contributed more than USD600,000 to bird protection projects all around the world. Projects they have supported include conservation and research on many rare, threatened or little known species like Guerney’s Pitta, Hawaiian Crow, Fatu Hiva Monarch, Puaiohi, Juan Fernández Firecrown and Sumatran Ground Cuckoo.
The majority of the contributions come directly from our Swedish members. The foundation is also distributing funds collected at bird fairs, or donated by persons or associations. During the last five years they have on average donated around USD5,000 to 8,000 annually. Since their funds are limited their focus is to contribute money to highly threatened or poorly known species.
Below are the criteria and guidelines on how to apply for funding. They urge you to read these through carefully since failure to abide by any of the criteria may lead to the application not being considered for funding.
- Only applications concerning projects aimed at birds listed as Critically Endangered (CR), Endangered (EN), Extinct in the Wild (EW) or Data Deficient (DD) on the IUCN Red List of threatened species are eligible for funding. These categories comprise about 590 of the worlds most threatened or least known species. A list of these species can be generated on the Birdlife International Data zone.
- Ongoing projects that receive or previously have received support from Club300 are excepted from the above criterion.
- The maximum annual amount granted to a single project is USD 5,000.
- Applications are accepted on a yearly basis.
- Club300 will monitor the progress in all projects that are granted financial support
Application Must Include:
- Name, physical address and e-mail of the applicant.
- A detailed description of the project, including information on which bird species will benefit from the project, and their IUNC Red List categorization.
- Geographic position of the project site, please include map if needed.
- Budget and an estimate of costs, which should include a detailed breakdown of expenses.
- The amount requested from Club300 (in USD, EUR or SEK).
- A detailed specification on how the requested money will be used.
- A long term plan for the project, including planned follow-up etc.
- A list of other consulted donors, or sources of financial support.
- A note on how Club300 will be acknowledged if we decide to support the project.
How to Apply:
- Applications for each year must be received by July 31st. Which applications are granted will be decided by the board of Club300 at their autumn meeting and communicated to the applicants before the end of each year. Decisions by the Club300 board on which projects to support are final and cannot be appealed by the applicant.
- Applications are only accepted as a single PDF file sent via e-mail to email@example.com. Applications sent by physical mail or courier are not accepted.
- The application must be written in English or Swedish and contain a maximum of five pages.
For more information please check the Link