Closing Date : September 07 2021, Tuesday
About the Organization:
King Baudouin Foundation (KBF) is an independent, pluralistic foundation based in Brussels (Belgium). They seek to change society for the better and invests in inspiring projects and individuals. The Foundation supports projects in Belgium and at the European and international level. To support their international goal, the KBF set up a US public charity and an office in New York City.
Business Partnership Facility – Enterprises for SDGs
The BPF is initiated and financed by the Belgian Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD) to stimulate private sector involvement in achieving the SDGs in developing countries. They are looking for viable, entrepreneurial business initiatives with a strong social impact.
Social impact, contributing to SDGs:
- Creation and maintenance of decent jobs
- Improvement in average income for low income families
- Accessibility to affordable goods and services
- Inclusion and economic development of women and young people
- Positive impact on the environment through saving resources, reducing emissions and/or preserving biodiversity
Partnerships must clearly demonstrate the submitted initiatives are:
- Able to become self-sustainable
- Each applicant is preferably a partnership that brings together actors from the private sector, civil society, academia and/or the public sector. The partnership consists of a minimum of one business partner.
- Projects must take place in one of the developing countries, but partners can be Belgian, European or international legal entities, under public or private law.
- The project must be part of the ‘core business’ of the business partner involved.
Grant: The BPF provides a non-refundable grant between €50,000 and €200,000 that represents maximum 50% of the total investment
For more information please check the Link