Closing Date : November 30 2021, Tuesday
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is seeking applications for the Journalism Relief Fund.
The IWMF’s Journalism Relief Fund is open to women-identifying journalists in dire straits – journalists who have faced significant financial hardship, lost work, were recently laid off or who urgently need assistance to avoid severe, irreversible outcomes.
The IWMF’s Journalism Relief Fund provides women-identifying journalists with the following:
- Living assistance to prevent homelessness and food insecurity
- Acute medical care and mental health services
- Legal support
This fund will provide small grants of up to $2,000 USD per request. However, special consideration will be given on a case-by-case basis to those who have greater financial need.
To be eligible for the IWMF’s Journalism Relief Fund, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a staff or freelance woman-identifying reporter, working in any medium, whose primary profession is journalism (priority would be given to freelancers and journalists recently laid off);
- Has worked full-time as a journalist within six months of applying for assistance;
- Apply for assistance directly related to the global health crisis;
- And, has no other sources of income available at this time.
For more information, visit IWMF.