Closing Date : September 01 2021, Wednesday
The ISTAT Foundation Humanitarian Aid Program provides grant funding for humanitarian organizations across the globe that use the power of aviation to help save lives, promote human welfare and alleviate suffering.
The Humanitarian Commitee is accepting applications for 2021. Please review the below criteria and considerations prior to submitting an application.
Who qualifies for an ISTAT Foundation Humanitarian Grant?
Organizations registered as a charitable, nongovernmental entity focusing on aviation-related humanitarian prevention, relief and/or recovery efforts for:
- Natural disasters (drought, floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, etc.);
- Human-generated disasters (conflict, social, industrial/transport accidents, etc.); or
- Health-related crises.
- This year, the Humanitarian Committee will prioritize aviation-related programs or projects (1) with a geographic focus in developing or under-resourced regions, (2) with innovations in Environmental Impact (ESG), or (3) in areas of urban mobility such as the “last-mile” provision in disaster relief.
- Organizations can only submit one application per year. Prior year recipients are able to apply in subsequent years.
- Umbrella organizations can only apply for a humanitarian aid grant if the proposed program or project is implemented by the umbrella organization itself.
- We do not fund capital infrastructure, for-profit projects, religious or political activities.
- As a point of reference, in 2020, the average humanitarian grant was valued at US$7,800.
- Application materials must be submitted in English.
The deadline to submit applications is Wednesday, 1 September 2021. All applicants will be notified of the status of their application no later than Wednesday, 20 October 2021.
For more information on the ISTAT Foundation Humanitarian Aid Program, please contact ISTAT Foundation Headquarters.